Day: Wednesday 130pm-330pm or Saturday 1215pm to 215pm
Fee: Group RM320 per month / Private class RM480 per month
Art Teacher’s Profile –
- This is an excellent opportunity for any Teens or Adults (no age maximum!) with any level of experiences (total beginners to advance levels) to learn Art!
- We offer all types of Art, including water color, poster color, sketching, drawing, oil and acrylic painting, as well graphic/advertising designi and creative crafts.
- Classes are conducted in an environment where students enjoy art, be motivated to learn, develop their confidence and feel included and valued.
- The art classes are specially designed to maximize and explore each learner's creative potential and skills in art.
- Art students will also learn and discover the different art elements, how to express themselves through art, various techniques and methods of painting, sketching and designing.
- You may also request for evaluation and guidance for your Art Examinations / Projects.
- Students are also encouraged to participate in art events and competition. Many of the students have received awards for their Artworks!
Teacher Abbie is a Graduate from Kuala Lumpur College of Art ( fine art). She is an Artist and an Art Teacher for more than 16 years. Her specialty ranges from oil painting, watercolour, acrylic, sketching to art and design.
She is a very passionate about teaching and feels that it is most important that students enjoy the Art classes. Many students have continued to learn under her for many years…longest being 11 years! Some even continue to come back for Art classes during their College’s semester breaks.
She has also given guidance to many students who achieved As for their Art examinations and top awards for competitions!
- “Enjoyed the class, very good for beginners and Miss Abbie is patient teacher.”
- “Really interesting course. Not just understand the technical way, but explain more about the soul of her skills of teaching us to paint. By learning art, I understand they are many approaches to solve a particular problem.Thank you, teacher Abbie for your reception.”
- “I loved the classes. I learned a lot from teacher Abbie that help me improve my drawing skills. The staff from the centre are lovely, great and very kind. The place is very nice. I loved the atmosphere in the classroom. Thank you very much Lara’s Place for offering me this great opportunity. Thank you, teacher Abbie, for giving me the chance to learn from you.”
- “As usual a really enjoyable class. As advised by teacher Abbie, it would be great to have a few exercises to show how to hold and use the brush for the particular topic before we launch into our full composition. There is plenty of time for this in the class and will help everyone improve their technique.”
- “Lucky enough to have a one to one lesson. Learnt something new. Very relaxing during art lesson because arts teach students to think through and within a material. Plus, I won an international prize that will motivate me to go further.”
- “After my children learnt art, they know how to express themselves in a piece of artwork and make easy for them to connect with others.”
- “After learning art my child attention span increases and he can focus longer than usual.”
- “Art is mysterious, enchanting and amazing because it builds connections between me and my son. He will share with me his artwork. He really enjoyed art moment.”
- “Teacher Abbie and her team were really welcoming and friendly. We have so much fun and learnt a lot in 3 hours during school holidays program and will definitely be returning. She is a brilliant art teacher!”
Build Android Apps for Kids
Available on Weekdays or Saturdays between 9.30am to 3.00pm (1hr/2hrs/3hrs)
Make a 3D Snowman! Suitable for Teenagers or Parent and Child Activity! Available on Weekday or Saturday!
* Holiday Program DIY Projects: Snowflake Ornament Soap/Frozen Lego Soap/Minty Body Cooling Mist/Vapor Rub/ Bunny Table Clock
RM60 per workshop or 4 workshops Package RM230 Dec 1,2,3,4, 10, 15,16,17,18
Mon 630pm to 730pm
Please call for more information
FREE Music Trial 31 July 2015 - 2.30pm - 3.15pm
Rhythm is everywhere – in our heartbeats, our everyday activities and in nature. IGR develops a child’s awareness of rhythm and music through the instrument he is most familiar with – his body. It is a physical approach to learning music through body movements whilst engaging students through games and activities. IGR focuses on teaching eurhythmics (good rhythm), solfege (ear training) and improvisation (spontaneous musical expression). This course is ideal for children to grasp a good understanding of rhythm and an appreciation for music before they move into specific instrument studies.
Adrene has been teaching piano privately for 7 years. Besides private teaching, she also has experience teaching music to children with special needs and a few short stints as a drama teacher. Her love for the stage has landed her in various roles in theatre and choral productions. ‘I’ve Got Rhythm’ is her first foray into teaching musical concepts through body expressions away from the piano. Among many other passions of hers are sewing, social work and motherhood!