Who are we?
Established in 2008, Lara’s Place is a professional activity and learning center conveniently located at Section 17, Petaling Jaya. We make NEW experiences fun for BOTH adults and kids!
We offer specialized
- Art & skills enrichment classes (all ages)
- Fitness & dance classes (all ages)
- Learning & activity (toddlers to teens) enrichment classes
- School Holiday Programs (toddlers to teens)
- Personal development short courses & programs (all ages)
- Social events, corporate events, fun trips and even parties!
Tucked away at a little corner of Jalan 17/45, we are equipped with 2 private classrooms, 1 large studio, 1 dedicated Art space, kitchen and comfy waiting area.
Lara’s Place is truly a melting pot of creativity, knowledge, skills and personalities! Our community consists of everyday people – but yes! There is nothing ordinary about us!
- CLOSED for Thaipusam : Tuesday, 3rd Feb
- Valentine’s Fondant Cupcake Decorating : Saturday, Feb 7th (12.15pm to 2.15pm / 3pm to5 pm), Monday Feb 9th (10am to 12pm) or Saturday Feb 21st (12.15pm to 2.15pm)
- Feb Social Meet Up : Understanding How Men Think (and how to work out your differences) – Fri, 12th Feb
- Advanced Design Workshop : Wed, 4 Feb (9am – 11.30am) / Fri, 6 Feb (9am – 11.30am) / Sat, 7 Feb 2015
- March 2015 – The NEW Experience Project Competition : All sign ups get 1/2 price on a trial class in March! Find out more here!
How about picking up a new skill and hobby this year? Step outside your comfort zone this year and try something totally new! When was the last time you tried something for the first time? Have a go at our adults/teens classes!
Art and Skills
- Sewing (Beginner/Intermediate/Advance)
- Art Class
- Drums and Percussion
- Mandarin… more info
Fitness and Dance
- Traditional Hatha Yoga
- Belly Dancing
- Wing Chun Kung Fu… more info
Lara’s Place also specialises in kids classes! We believe that building up talents and skills from young is just as important. Introduce your little ones to our awesome enrichment classes!
Learning and Activity
- JELIC Multiple Intelligence Enrichment Program (3-6 years)
- Play Club (18 months – 5 years)
- English Speech and Drama (3-6 years) (7-12 years) (13-18 years)
- Chess (6+ to 17 years)
- Clay Art (4+ years and above)
- Artistic Art (Drawing and Crafts) (4-17 years)
- 2D – 3D Art (Combination of Drawing, Painting and Clay Art) (4+ years and above)
- Drums and Percussion (5+ years and above)
- Mandarin (4-15 years)…. more info
Fitness and Dance
- Music and Movement Dance (2-6 years)
- MTV Modern Fusion Dance (6 years to teens)
- Traditional Hatha Yoga (4-12 years)
- Wing Chun Kung Fu (5-12 years)
- Ballet (3-8 years)…. more info
- Creative Art Projects – Mosaic, Concept Stone, Woodwork and Clay Art
- Sewing – Beginner, Intermediate, Advance, Fashion illustration
Online Business Course
Cooking and Baking
- Jewelry Making
Personal Development and Grooming.. full list
- School Holiday Programs for Preschoolers
- School Holiday Programs for Teens
- School Holiday Programs for All Ages
- Professional Communication Workshop
- Light Painting Workshop
- CPR & First Aid Course
- Speech & Drama Workshop
- Yoga for Health Workshop
- Kickboxing for Stress Relief Workshop
- Candle Making.. full list
Let’s meet up, socialize and mingle! Join our featured events!
- Counselling Sessions: Let’s Talk!
- Family Activities and Projects
- Educational Trips
- Party Events
- Monthly Social Morning Meet Ups
Sofia Imran — This place was just an awesome adventure through out the Holidays hope to come here again soon!!
Barbara Er — Haw Lin & her team are just fantastic! Not only do they run great activities that are fun & educational ~ they really look out for the kids’ welfare too. Thanks for an awesome week.
Sign UP for our NEW Experiences Project Competition before 28th February! What the heck is The 2015 New Experience Project Competition all about? We are searching for 5 individuals to take up our project competition to try one of our 5 adult classes for 1 FULL MONTH for FREE. Their journeys will be documented and the one with the most votes becomes Project Champion!
Want to know more about our adult fitness and dance classes? Click here! It’s about to get AWESOME! Join us and our wonderful project partners : The Grind Burger Bar, The Humble Pie and Cafe 9 ‘Taste of Thai’!
Check out PREVIEWS of what’s in store for the ‘Chosen 5′