- * MISSION TO MARS 1.0 STEAM program for 7-12yrs (2 days)
- (Constellation Wax Art, Astronaut Lung Model, Space Lander)
- 10-12pm RM200 Jul 17-18, Aug 7-8 (min 1 week advance booking for material delivery)
Many kids are learning at home right now, and hands-on activities are especially important to keep them continuously engaged and learning. Hence, our Mission to Mars programs are giving kids an opportunity to feel what it’s like to be part of a space crew in a fun learning journey!
- Through this adventurous MISSION TO MARS 1.0 & 2.0 workshops, learners will be:
- engaged in a special space mission
- immersed in the amazing work of the Space Agency such as NASA
- enhanced in STEM literacy
- inspired with more STEM related careers
Find out what we will be exploring in each Mission below:
“Mission to Mars’ Virtual STEAM Holiday Program
- NASA has an important mission for us! We will need to land safely on the International Space Station (ISS) to meet the rest of the other crew members to work together on an important task! This is an exciting but dangerous journey! Working as a team, we will study the remarkable beauty that outer space offers, undergo astronaut training, design and build a lander and a rover, and land safely on the International Space Station (ISS). Along the way, we will need to use your science and engineering skills to solve problems. Are you up for the challenge?
This program brings together a team of curious little ones on a mission to Mars to perform some science activities together. If your child is the adventurous type, join our Space Crew Today!
- Can you find Orion the Hunter?
- To understand the importance of stars and constellations before and now
- To identify different constellations
- How do astronauts breathe?
- To understand the importance of a spacesuit for an astronaut
- To identify some physical training that astronauts undergo
- To make a lung model that represents the astronauts when in space
- How will we land on Mars?
- To understand how do objects land on Mars
- To identify different landers launched to Mars
- To create a lander using engineering and creativity designs
If you miss the chance to join our pioneer team, or can't get enough of the first mission, you can consider joining our next crew on the next mission but this time, we will be learning and experimenting different technology in Mars.
- What does a Mars rover do?
- Understand the purpose of a Mars rover
- Understand how does Mars rover work
- Create a rover using engineering designs
- Is a space elevator possible?
- Understand what is a space elevator
- Create an elevator using hydraulic designs
- Come and explore our favourite experiments, engineering challenges and demonstrations with these fun hands-on Space themed activities!
- Materials are provided with most activities up to 2 hours daily, and the STEM learning is limitless!
- Mission to Mars are facilitated by
- Ms. Janice, Program Lead, MSA, USA
- Ms. Onn, Science Teacher & Writer, MSc. and Honeywell Educator at Space Academy for Science & Math Teachers, USA
- ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
- Schedule & itinerary are subject to changes.
- Min one week advance booking for material delivery e.g. Magicians, Mission to Mars, Seaworld Clay, Bookbinding, Shoemaking & Flexible Art(own materials).
- Space is limited! Bookings are only confirmed with payment.
- *Due to limited participants per program, registration is based on first registration with payment first confirmed. Please bank in to Rix Management Services Sdn Bhd - Hong Leong a/c 00100306130 and send receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp to +60178862687.
- Lara’s Place: Tel: 0178862687 Email: email@example.com Website: www.larasplace.my